“Eyes operated by humans, not editing software.”
Our primary service is copyediting, but unlike online editing services, we look at each project to determine the best fit. We are editors and we are picky. We don’t take every project that comes to us and spit out a price for you to pay upfront based on word or page count. We personally review each project to assess our expertise against your needs, and base our estimate on our review of your material.
Unless you are a repeat client, we do not accept blind projects. This applies even if you are a New York Times best-selling author. (Sorry.)
How We Roll
Our process is fairly simple:
- Submit a sample edit (a five-page excerpt of your manuscript in Word format).
- Tell us about your project using the form below.
- We will do a sample edit using tracked changes.
- We will return your sample along with an editorial report: a brief summary of our findings, the level of edit required to meet publishing standards, tips on preparing your edit for submission, appropriate advice for your success, and an estimate of the investment required for us to work with you.
When you decide you are ready to move forward, you will submit a deposit of at least fifty percent of the estimated amount along with the full manuscript, we will agree on a timeline, and we will schedule your project!
Note that we welcome phone calls from our clients as their projects progress, but we are not going to call you each day during the edit and tell you how “your baby” is doing. We love you, but we are busy.
Other Ways We Help
Other Hallagen Ink services you may want to keep in mind include:
- One-on-one mentoring—one-time or three-month, private consultations (great for setting strategies and goals, or for gaining additional guidance)
- Ghostwriting—writing nonfiction manuscripts and proposals for you
- Presentations, keynotes, and occasional group workshops and educational seminars